Surgical Tooth Extraction
It is a procedure where the dentist makes an incision in the gum, separate and section the tooth, remove the whole tooth and suture. Usually this procedure is done in the clinic under local anesthesia. It might require post-surgical pain killers and rest.
Why does we remove the tooth surgically?
- Badly decay teeth.
- Teeth with multiple curved roots
- Severely damaged teeth due to trauma.
- Infection that is not responding for treatment.
- Endodontically treated teeth due to their brittle roots.
Post-surgical instructions after tooth extraction :
- Soft diet like soup, yogurt , ice cream and jello.
- Avoid rinsing or spitting
- Use ice pack
- Do not smoke for at least 3 days following surgery
- Do not use straw for 3 days following surgery
- Take your medication as prescribed by your doctor.